Aww, that sucks Maureen. I hope you feel better and recover speedily!

-----Original Message-----
From: Maureen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2003 8:22 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Ouch

Thursday, I broke my left arm, very bad.  The large bone in the upper
arm
(humerus)
is broken completely apart, separating the upper arm from the lower
arm
just above the elbow.

The ER doctor misdiagnosed the severity of the break, and the ER staff
splinted the wrong bone. I had a long, painful night at home Thursday
night. Friday
I saw my
ortho doc. He set the bone and in a week will determine if it needs
surgery.

I am hot and miserable. Also I have to sleep sitting up, which is very
uncomfortable.

I'm hanging on, though, trying to stay strong and positive, although I
am
very emotional, which is rare for me.    I hate feeling this helpless.