Today one of my Oracle servers died. It was a painfully complex
installation that involved a lot of custom software, and I am dreading
having to go back and repeat my earlier work. I may not be watching the
Redskins this evening after all.

So, naturally, for lunch I did some reading, and what a great article I
found over on First Monday about broadband!

http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/current_issue/odlyzko/index.html

Basically, the paper breaks down the industry trends having to do with
adoption, and even explains how there could be another bubble.

All the wishful thinking helped me to forget Oracle, which I now have to