I REALLY like Norton.  I run it both at home and at work, and it (in my
experience) catches more and does a better job.  I used to run the free AVG
scanner at home (http://www.grisoft.com) which did pretty darn well, but it
is a little slower on the definitions, so I bit the bullet.  Too many worms
& virii pop up too quick to have a slow response.  And what do you expect
for free?

We ran McAfee at work (corporate edition again) when I first got here and it
JUST PLAIN MISSED THINGS.  We went to Norton and never looked back.

If you want to try free, you can always try AVG.  Again - pretty good
program, served me well for quite a while, but their speed in update def's
scared me.

Josh