From: Doug White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 11:00 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Bush Administration accused of deliberately leaking the
name of a covert operative out of revenge.

Sleaze is an understatement.  This is getting a lot of coverage on the
Fox and
other networks Sunday morning shows, and all of them have Condoleezza
Rice
crawfishing and backstepping and refusing to answer questions, referring
all
questions to the Justice Department, who, of course in known for their
stonewalling and lack of any attention to administration miscreants.

What amazes me is that there is still around 48% of the populace that
still
supports this administration.

The week in review:

Levi-Strauss to close all US plants - moving all jobs off-shore.  Loss
of 800+
jobs in my area, which followed closely on the heels of a Sony Plant
closing and
2800 layoff, plus several more.

Unemployment, mortgage foreclosures, jobless claims, are rising
exponentially,
while the administration still fails to take action against the
Corporate
thieves and fatcats that have been pillaging the stockholders for their
personal
gain, retiree's retirement funds are still being gutted, the borders are
still
insecure,

IT salaries continue to fall, so folks, be careful if you are thinking
about
changing jobs, and if already laid off, you will be receiving much lower
salary
offers for identical duties from employers.

Two years ago in this area, experienced Network administrators were
averaging
$55-65K in incomes, and now current offers are in the vicinity of $10-12
per
hour for the same job, and the employers are still getting plenty of
applicants.

Experienced CF and Web developers are being offered wages in the area of
$10-15
per hour.  Even consultants who were bidding short term gigs at $40. and
above
are being passed over, as that price range is considered
non-competitive.

Things continue to look dim for the coming year as well.

Advice: If you are still full time employed - make immediate crash plans
to get
yourself out of debt, and avoid any new debt, for at least the next 12
months.
Keep your resume updated and detailed, and polish up your interview
skills.  If
you are already unemployed, become as frugal as possible and prepare to
accept
employment in your field at 40-60% of your previous earnings for the
same
responsibilities, or alternatively, look around to see if a career
change could
help you support your family.  Prepare to accept a much lower standard
of
living.  Be not ashamed.

Write your representatives and ask for a 100% tariff on overseas jobs
providing
services in the US.

| Was she out of the country somewhere?
|
| Dana
|
| Larry C. Lyons writes:
|
| > This administration is just getting sleazier and sleazier.
| >
| > larry

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A11208-2003Sep27?language=print
er

  _____