Call me an idiot, but what designations do accounting / engineering /
medical demand?

  The only one I can comment on with some semblance of knowledge is
accounting (as my father is an accountant).  He worked for IBM as an
accountant for 30 years without ever getting a "Certified Public
Accountant" stamp of approval.  ( You didn't need a CPA to work in the
private sector )

  To my knowledge, neither of my brothers (both engineers) have any
"designations" other than their schooling.  (<-- that, of course, doesn't
mean they don't have them)

--
Jeffry Houser, Web Developer <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Aaron Skye, Guitarist / Songwriter <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>