Thanks to everyone for being gracious enough to offer their opinions
about the comments on my blog. It's good to find out what people are
thinking.

I've gone ahead and removed the inflamatory comment and my response.
There were slightly more votes to remove than there were to keep it.
And I think it's interesting to note that while most of the votes to
leave it were given in the tone of "it's up to you but if I were
you..." whereas most of the votes to remove it were fairly staunch. :)

Not that it was really a "voting" process in any genuine sense. :)
Just getting a feel for the community's opinion.

In addition there were 2 suggestions to generate some sort of
psuedo-identification for anonymous posts and 3 suggestions to
disallow anonymous posts entirely (sorry Jim, I missed you the first
time -- I started reading the message and then somehow accidentally
deleted it before I'd finished reading it and had to find it in the
list archive).

For now I'd like to stick with "the honor system" and hope that it
doesn't become a problem. If I find that people or robots are abusing
it, then I suppose I'll have to do something about it, but for now I'd
like to not have to take the time to write the code.

Thanks again for all the responses, got a good laugh out of several of
them. :)

s. isaac dealey                972-490-6624

team macromedia volunteer      http://www.macromedia.com/go/team

chief architect, tapestry cms  http://products.turnkey.to

onTap is open source           http://www.turnkey.to/ontap