that is what I am asking. I understand that 1,3,9, and 27 have a common
factor
of 3 however not sure how one would have come up with that and if in
fact
there was an easy way of finding it out.

This is truly a puzzle of the minds...

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/03/03 12:39PM >>>
That was hard.

Is there some math formula that would have made this easier? Did I miss
something in school?

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/03/03 09:41AM >>>
He uses his thumb.

Not the mathematically correct answer, but it's how butchers and
grocers
used to get themselves some extra money.

-Kevin