  From: Charlie Griefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: 04 November 2003 21:48
  To: CF-Community
  Subject: chinese new year in Hong Kong

  there's a deal floating around at the moment
(http://www.virgin-vacations.com/HK_FGAB.ASP) for 6 nights accomodations in
Hong Kong, *including* R/T airfare for $599pp.

  The wife and I are thinking about doing it.  Lord knows we could use a
vacation...the price seems right...and I'm sure that seeing the Chinese New
Year celebration in Hong Kong (for that price) would be memorable.

  I know very little about Hong Kong tho.  Hoping some of the more 'worldly'
folk on the list might offer up some opinions.  What's there to do in Hong
Kong?  I know there's a museum or two...and certainly good seafood
eatin'...but is there enough sightseeing type stuff to do for the week?

  Anybody familiar with any of the hotels listed at the link above?  Worth
it to upgrade to a nicer hotel?  I'd like to keep this as reasonable as
possible, so as long as there are no chihuahua sized cockroaches inhabiting
the $599 hotel, I'd just as soon think of that as a place to just sleep and
shower (and 'exercise'), and not be so worried about luxury accomodations.

  I never in a million years would have said, "hey honey, let's go to Hong
Kong", except for having seen this deal and being somewhat intrigued.  I
just want to make an informed decision as to whether or not to hop the
plane.

  Any insight would be greatly appreciated, oh worldy ones :)

  Charlie