So last week when I'm in San Antonio, for the 4th time since June, they say they want me back again on Dec 8th for 2 or 3 days.

Wifey has been saying SAT sounds yummy, so I look at the airlines Thursday to see if p'raps there are any fare deals.

Wonder of wonders, United has a "fall fare sale" with r/t from OAK-SAT for only $236.50. Oh wow, looks like I can bring the sweetie, stroll hand-in-hand along Riverwalk, have a nice dinner, woo hoo.

The project mgr says "let me verify the dates and how long, I'll get back to you early next week."

Soooo, Monday I check again, and the fare sale is over - United back to $452 r/t, and the cheapest inconvenient alternative $422.

Bummed out. Wife said "no way if it costs that much".
<sigh>

Waaaaaaah.

-Ben