Montreal is a great city. I think it is possibly my favorite North American city. I'd say it ties with London, Paris, Amsterdam, and Portland Oregon. And maybe Santa Fe. It definitely has a much better quality of life than Washington D.C., Toronto, or Ottawa.

However.

If you dont't speak French and don't care to learn, don't bother. It is NOT for you.

Be sure that you like snow.

It's not a place to go to find employment.

The only day that you can move into 75% of the rentals in the city is July 1st. Be aware. (If anyone knows the origin of this custom, I'd like to know).

Dana