Hey Cary, can you explain how a switch makes the network faster

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cary Gordon
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 2:43 PM
  Subject: Re: Network Switch

  We use a mix of Cisco, Foundry Networks and Dell.

  They all work.  I like the Foundry products best, and they generally seem
  to be the fastest.

  We got the Dell because we needed a gigabit copper switch and it delivered
  more for the dollar.  It is hard to evaluate, as we do not have another
  gb/c switch, we don't have anything that can actually pump out (or in) a
  billion bits per second, and it does not seem reasonable to compare it to
  the 100 b/t switches.

  Cary Gordon
  The Cherry Hill Company