I use mine.  Every winter, I make (a hell of a lot of) gumbo, and it's
like they know I'm coming.  Well, not really classical gumbo, more like
an etoufee with more wild rice, but there's lots more vegetables and
okra than an etoufee, so I call it gumbo.

Anyway, my recipe calls for about 2.5 pounds of shrimp, and while that
usually runs about $40, my handy "club" card cuts the price down to
$17.  Of course, the price is marked up obscenely to get customers to
use their card, but it's too much of a hassle to drive 40 minutes to the
nearest Whole Foods/Trader Joe's for considerably better seafood and
other ingredients, so I go along with it.  I don't particularly care if
some database is keeping tabs on my supermarket purchases.

- Jim