In fact, they had the same worries as us, had friends, had kids, fell in love, and pooped.  I bet they had a few geeks just as well.  The only difference is the clothing
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Larry C. Lyons
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 10:32 AM
  Subject: RE: Lucius! Rolleth thine THAC0!

  The engineers and artisans in imperial Rome were no slouches. Archeologists
  have found some navigational devices makes around 100 BC that were
  astonishingly precise. The problems during this period were the materials
  used were very basic and almost everything was a one-off product, making it
  very expensive compared to now.

  I don't think D and D would have been as popular if a die set cost the
  equivalent of $1500.

  larry