--Original Message Text---
From: Charlie Griefer
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:19:15 -0700

Larry:

It's not about the technical questions.  I've asked technical questions on here when they weren't specifically CF-related (which I felt made them OT for cf-talk).

It's about somebody who point blank states that he didn't look for the answer in a book.

Just because I said nope that doesn't mean I didn't.

I should have put a smiley face at the end.

Relax...

It's about somebody who asks "so, what's wrong with that" when it's suggested that his methods (relying too much on these lists) is selfish and lazy.

WTF...just relax....it was a joke!!!!!

That being said, I'm personally not trying to "run anybody off".  I've explained (in great detail, I believe) why people are reacting as they are to the posts, and a better method (ie the RTFM, STFW,
etc), and rather than see anybody leave, I'd prefer to see people learn to "ask smart questions" (matt plunkett posted the link a few minutes back).

Frankly, without learning to ask smart questions, the same reactions are going to occur in any forum/community/mailing list.

Too smart for me...