Well, I can think of two options offhand.

First, the impending injection of viscous fluids into your keyboard
could be rerouted to the motherboard, causing immediate shutdown.

However, since I assume that by "every night" you mean that you want, at
some point, for the machine to turn back on, a 3rd party shutdown
utility might be in order.  I can't remember offhand the name of one,
since I don't realy use them, but I might check the AnalogX website and
(if he's not written one) search Download.com for one.

--BenD