Once there was a boy named Odd. He was the butt of jokes his whole life, because of his name. Eventually he grew up to be a very successful fisherman and owner of three fish processing plants.
    When Odd was about to die, he said, "People have been teasing me my whole life and I don't want them doing that after I'm dead, so don't put my name on my gravestone."
    After Odd died, people saw his blank tomb-stone and said . . ." That's Odd ".

An elephant was drinking out of a river one day, when he spotted a turtle asleep on a log. So, he ambled on over and kicked it clear across the river.
    "What did you do that for?" Asked a passing giraffe.
    "Because I recognized it as the same turtle that took a nip out of my trunk 53 years ago."
    "Wow, what a memory" commented the giraffe.
    "Yes," said the elephant, "turtle recall".

The National Governors Association met in Washington D.C. on Friday at the Shoreham Hotel. The most popular drink at the hotel bar is called "Lilac Crazy" because that's what politicians do whenever they get together at these meetings.