The easiest way is to export the schema (I've done it, but can't
remember how off the top of my head) and the data.  Create the new DB on
the dev server, then do a bulk load.

I know that's not exactly a rigorous treatment, but I've only done it a
couple o' times, and don't remember how off the top of my head....

--benD