hi gang,
hope everyone had a fun New Year's Eve.
we did!
something quite different for us -
went out to dinner overlooking the Bay,
then 11pm concert at Kimball's East jazz club (Emeryville, next to Oakland)
trumpeter named Rick Braun
really cute - at a quiet part his 3-yr-old in the audience kept yelling "Hi Daddy" until he answered her :-)
he started the show entering from behind the crowd with a wireless mike on his trumpet, walked through the place playing until he got to the stage. fun.
excellent sax, guitar, bass, drums, keyboard players, let them do long solos.
I have a picture of him standing on the chair next to me playing at one point!!
They passed out hats, noisemakers, champagne for midnight. Really enjoyed, got a bit emotional about surviving into the new year :-)
We had booked a room 1/2 mile away, fell into bed, came home after brekkie.
-Ben