well, you *know* it's no longer a hip thing to say, because I've actually heard of it, and know what it means.

once it filters down from the cool people to people like me, it's basically already out the door   : )

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Harkins,Patrick
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 9:12 AM
  Subject: RE: bling bling (Was RE: lord of the rhymes)

  Thanks for the perspective on it. I'm a bit of an alien when it comes to a
  lot of pop culture. I went to google and found that it's already in the
  Oxford English Dictionary as well... no excrement! ;-)
  http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1471629/20030430/bg.jhtml?headlines=true
  <http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1471629/20030430/bg.jhtml?headlines=true>
  -Patrick

  Reporter (to Mahatma Gandhi): Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western
  Civilization? Gandhi: I think it would be a good idea.