Has anyone here used the MM Central?

I'd like to know if anyone has any feedback on this. We're looking into
creating a service that runs on the desktop, but I'm wondering which is
better...

Paying 2k for 100 licenses using MM Central, or paying someone more to
create the Service that connects to the application?

Why would I want to advertise for another company on our application when
I'm still paying that high amount for the licenses. Not that 2k is a lot,
but still. Rich Applications or not, it still seems high priced, as usual.

Matt