From: Kevin Graeme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 7:27 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Mobile Computing

>From your answers it sounds like the key is that it will all work over a
slow connection. Given that, I'd look into the options of either landline
modems or cellphone modems. What contracts and coverage are available? That
kind of thing. But I'd still probably plan a year's worth of locations and
see if any of them can hook you up while you're there.

I haven't played with a Blackberry, but I know people who have them. They
complain about sites that they can't use. And from my experience with
PocketPC internet access, it's more of a "in a pinch" option than the best
choice. Input is generally slow and cumbersome. But that's just my opinion.
I know a couple guys who would never give up their Blackberry for anything.

The Blackberry is "wireless" in the sense that it uses the digital cell
phone network and that is being referred to these days as wireless. Not to
be confused with 802.11x/WiFi type wireless.

-Kevin