> Glad I was able to help.  It's a rather addictive capability.  Each week
we are being asked to code more and more apps that use user id's and
security to determine access and roles within the intranet website.

We do the same here. For ours we authenticate against LDAP, and once we have
that we use the login information we can compare against a database of all
our employees to give them selections based on what department, unit,
county, district, etc they are. Really handy. It's great too for conducting
evaluations and in-organization surveys and such.

The biggest downside for us though is dealing with pseudo-employees,
partners, consultants, etc. We keep having to either kludge the database,
build ancillary databases (with accompanying exception logic in the app), or
,most often at the request/demand of administration, we end up building
giant holes into the system for generic/guest users. Ugh.

-Kevin