From: Andre Turrettini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 12:37 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: dvd issue

Hi,
Maybe some of you know the answer.
I got one of those DVD burners- a pioneer but I'm not sure of the exact
no.

I burnt a dvd of my wedding and it seems to play in the dvd writer.

However, it does not play on my tvs dvd player whcih is a yamaha.  the
specs
for the yamaha say it plays dvds and video cds.

So, the question is why?
Is the dvd writers marks on the rw dvd just not strong enough for the
tvs
player or is there some sort of encryption or perhaps some different
standards?
Or perhaps a setting in the software I used to burn it?  I used the one
the
dvd player came with whcih says nero and ulead.  Not sure which one it
is
but I can go look.

Basically, I need to send out the dvd to people and it needs to work on
their tvs.

Thanks. DRE