I have a soyo kt400 mb and an AMD 2200+(1.7ghz) in my main gaming/coding box.  She's starting to chop out while i do my stuff.

A new box is not far off, but I'm considering getting a couple more miles out of the current build by swapping the 2200+ for a 2600+.  the 2600+ are about 85$ on pricewatch.  Is it worth it, or should i just save the cash ande stick it out until i rebuild my box, aplying the cash to a PIV or whichever chip i get.

I have not bought anything from pricewatch before; i usually go newegg or another online retailer.