The following commentary on Mel Gibson's "Passion" comes from one of my favorite radio personalities, Dave Ross of KIRO-710 AM, Seattle
http://www.710kiro.com/daveross_commentary.jsp

Some good thoughts here IMHO

=============================

PASSION
The crucifixion on the big screen...

Thanks to Mel Gibson's movie about the Passion, the crucifixion of Christ has finally been rated by the critics.

"Frightening for the relentlessness of its brutality. Two stars out fo four" said the AP.
"Near pornographic violence" says the Hollywood reporter.

"Unflinching" said the Seattle Post Intelligencer...

"R - Under 17 not admitted without parent," said the Motion Picture Association of America.

But all the talk has been about whether moviegoers will emerge blaming the Jews for Jesus death.

Well, since Christianity would not exist without Jesus death, that would be like blaming the Jews for the founding of Christianity.

It would also be forgetting a little event known as "The Resurrection." If you believe Jesus is dead, I don't think you can go around calling yourself a Christian.

So I don't think the result of this movie will be an outbreak of anti-semitism; but I will be looking for other results: Will the homeless be offered shelter? Will employers pay a fair wage even if they don't have to? Will parents welcome home their prodigal children? Will those who boast publicly about their faith withdraw to the back of the church and say a humble prayer instead. Will movie goers, confronted with the graphic image of a man wrongly accused, denied due process, and sentenced to the death penalty become activists for justice?

The real measure of this film isn't whether there's an outbreak of anti-semitism. The real measure of this film is whether there's an outbreak... of Christianity.