> What does being 5 years older than me have to do with knowing about
> Rocky and Bullwinkle?  *grumble* And people say our education system is
> going downhill....

Who was the english explorer guy who always told the tall tales of
adventure? He was my favorite segment from the shows. Looking for stuff
about him at a fan site, it looks like there might be more to his story than
I knew.

"Ponsonby Britt, O.B.E.
The accredited executive producer of Rocky and Bullwinkle, doesn't exist.
When the series first became famous, many reporters contacted the studio and
asked for the staff's biographies. Rather that tell them about their normal
suburban lives, they often sent out the bio for Ponsonby Britt O.B.E. It was
embellished with a life filled with adventure and excitement (Think Forest
Gump). O.B.E. was an Officer of the Order of the British Empire. The scam
worked perfectly as they saw the biography of a fake person grace the media.
It was an inside joke that the cast remembers fondly. "

http://bullwinkle.toonzone.net/index.htm

-Kevin