I have a requirement where a page should automatically log out after a period of inactivity say five minutes.  So I create _javascript_ functions that start a timer and log out the page at the end of the set period of time.  I then start the timer off and running in the body tag's onload property.

I think that all is pretty straight forward.  But, in this scenario the timed event will fire unless the page is reloaded, correct?  So, if this is a large page where the user may be scrolling and clicking on various elements of the page, but not reloading the page the timer will continue to run, will it not?

Is there anyway to distinguish between true inactivity (no mouse movement/clicking and/or keyboard inputs) versus time between page loads?

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
     - Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.