May help prevent Piracy of games as well.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Angel Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 10:09 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Microsoft cancels hard disk on XBox 2.

You know, I have seen statements by developers in SEVERAL reviews and
interviews that the Xbox hard disk being available from the get go was
what made the system so unique to work on, and what enabled them to do
such amazing things with the system.
Fable, for instance, apparently could not be made without the hard disk
space available to the developers.
Now...they are removing the hard disk from the Xbox 2 and making us rely
on solid state memory devices. So I guess this means we are going to
have to read the system requirements for an Xbox game before we buy it,
and ensure we have a memory device with the appropriate space. In other
words, we would need to ensure our Xbox met the SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for
the game!
BS!

CEO of partner company and memory device provider M-Systems, Dov Moran
confirmed today that the next version of the Xbox will not ship with a
hard drive. HYPERLINK "http://news.teamxbox.com/content.php?id=5518"Team
Xbox has the story.

”It’s a cooperation agreement. The potential isn’t clear, but it’s in
the billions of dollars. Microsoft has taken the hard disk out of its
Xbox. The only thing left will be a CD; that’s all. At some point, when
users want to save their e-mail messages, copy music, or anything like
that, the only storage they’ll have is what we give them. It’s worth
hundreds of millions to the company, spread over a few years, and we’ll
be the main supplier for it; and I hope the sole supplier. ”Meanwhile,
development is intense, and requires expenses, although not major ones.
We’ll start supply only in 2005.”

-Gel

---
   _____