> From: Charlie Griefer
>
> What kind of problems can you possibly have with a plot that
> revolves around
> (pseudo) death and (pseudo) time travel?  There can't be any
> holes there. Tight as a drum it is.

Let's start from the top

The way the Nexus is described is that you can enter and exit and any
point in space/time

So, we have 2 guys who are meant to be the best captains of their
generations, and possibly the best that has ever been...

They get the chance to leave the Nexus when/where ever they want, so
when do they choose to leave? When the missile is about to be fired

So, instead of Kirk going back a month before Enterprise B is about to
be launched and saying "Fit the tractor beams and medical staff" and
getting them to launch a few hours before the normal launch (he's an
Admiral, so he could do that :P), thus allowing them to avoid Soran ever
getting near the Nexus

Also, Picard could have left a week before his brother and family died
in the fire, tell them to check the house and stay away from it when the
house is meant to burn...

Oh look, the whole point of the movie is just invalidated, and since
they could have planned their assault for a week before leaving and
thought about it

Whoever wrote that movie clearly has never thought about time travel :P

Bah

Rant over <g>