They've been wondering what to do with the Shiite militias and the Kurd pesh
murga soldiers. Perhaps have them take over the occupation efforts in the
Sunni triangle. Then make it an official policy (in writing) to look the
other way when the militias get real pissed off at the locals.

Either that or do what the Germans did in the first World War to Belgium,
for every soldier or foreign civilian that are killed by the insurgents,
shoot 10 local inhabitants.

larry