ya. looked around some more last night after that. It certainly seems to be conventional wisdom over there that the photos were fake. So, getting back to where this converastion started, I probably would not have seen something saying that they were genuine. Even the Mirror editor himself seems to be concentrating on the truth of the allegations rather than the authenticity of the photos. It is true that the allegations can be true even if the pictures are false. I would be saddened to learn that they in fact were fakes.

I do have to say that journalism 101 teaches that if an authoritative govrnment figure says it is so, then it is so. This ain't necessarily the case any more though it would explain the tenor of the coverage.

I still reserve judgement on the truthfulness of the Blair administration. Don't know.

Dana