> From: Candace Cottrell
>
> Thanks Phil. I'm going to google why it's better to alias
> tablenames. I was taught that it was an option, but not necessary.

Not necessary, but it REALLY makes your SQL easier to read and update

All of your "dbo.QUESTION" would become "q" (or whatever you choose to
use), which makes adding fields a lot easier

It should make no difference to the speed of queries as the SQL engine
should naturally handle the aliases, so why not make it easier for
yourself? <g>