Yeah, I will chime in here too. I have a Mac and a PC. Been a Mac user
for a long time. I've had much fewer problems with OS X than any other
version of the MacOS. My machine has not crashed in forever, for that
matter. As a designer who was worked with designers a lot, I can vouch
that many of them are technophobes and afraid of upgrading, so Kevin's
friends may be in situations where they are running older versions of OS
X (I agree that 10.0 sucked), or are trying to run outdated drivers for
various third party hardware/software. Just making an educated guess
there, though.

Regardless, I like Windows and MacOS for different reasons. I prefer a
Mac, but with XP, I don't mind Windows. I actually prefer programming on
Windows because of an issue I have with Apple's user interface
guidelines that seems to discourage developers from making OS X
applications that let you open multiple documents in tabs. Window
management can be a bitch with OS X. Argh.

Although after having to help several neighbors clean up spyware from
their PCs, I am always thankful when I get back home to my precious Mac,
all spyware and virus free.

-Bret