Tha answer is simple; MS Outlook is by far the most popularly used email client.  If a 
virus programmer wants to infect as many people as possible, he'll write a virus to 
compromise the one that's used most often; if a terrorist wants to get attention, he's 
not going to bomb a deserted field in Iowa!

So, to answer your question: Yes!  MS Outlook is a virus magnet!

-Dutch Stiphout

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Dru Whitledge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:23:48 -0700

>Is it an anomaly or is it just strange that primarily MS products, even in
>the hands of someone semi-sophisticated with the Internet (subscribed to a
>programmers list, wouldn't you think?) seem to be those most impacted by
>these easy to spot viruses.  You don't seem to hear of folks using Eudora
>being effected by these .vbs / .exe viruses. That, of course, is not the
>only reason I try to avoid MS if I can, but would sure seem sufficient if
>Bill's attitude of "I know best how to do what you need to do -- so I'll
>just go ahead and do it for you (whether you like it or not)" means getting
>infected with greater frequency. 
>
>Dru
>
>
>At 14:59 2/12/2001 -0500, Don Crouch wrote:
>>A virus was sent to many people in my outlook box. Please delete the last
>>email from me with an attachment. the subject of the email was "Here you
>>have, ;o)" If you open the email, it will send the same email to everyone in
>>your outlook box. I was able to stop it so I'm not sure who received it.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Don
>>
>>-----------------------------
>>Donald E. Crouch, Jr.
>>E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>T: 203-265-6666 x104
>>F: 203-265-2581
>>http://www.exposure.com
>>
>>Exposure.com - Internet Consulting
>>Helping businesses do business online
>>from conception to implementation and beyond.
>>
>>
>>

>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe visit 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_jobs or send a 
message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe' in the body.

Reply via email to