Very good idea. How do we get started?

MGH


On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:11:14 -0700, Kirk Biglione wrote:

>  I hate to suggest yet another list, but . . .
>  
>  It would appear that in addition to CF-Jobs we need something like 
>  CF-Careers.  The issues being discussed are important (except for 
>  the occasional rants and flames) but a Job posting list should 
>  probably be just that.
>  
>  
>  > And many of us aren't.
>  > 
>  > --John Allred
>  > 
>  > Janet Stanley wrote:
>  > > 
>  > > Please take this conversation off line -- many of us are tired of 
>  it
>  > > ---
>  > > janet stanley
>  > > 
>  > > -----Original Message-----
>  > > From: Jeffry Houser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>  > > Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 10:54 AM
>  > > To: CF-Jobs
>  > > Subject: RE: resume and portfolio websites
>  > > 
>  > > At 09:45 PM 07/17/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>  > > >Don,
>  > > >
>  > > >The problem with saying, "All I have built are Intranets" is that
>  > > employers
>  > > >immediately raise a red flag. That statement might imply that the
>  > > developer
>  > > >doesn't have proof of experience, or they are trying to hide the
>  > > fact that
>  > > >they have none. In order to combat this perception developers 
>  > should
>  > > be able
>  > > >to provide a portfolio of sample code during their first 
>  interview.
>  > > >Professionally bound by Kinkos with tabs marking different types 
>  of
>  > > >functionality, is how I have mine.
>  > > 
>  > >   Of course, most developers don't own their code, and aren't at
>  > > liberty to
>  > > share it.  And as with the web-site discussion, who has time to 
>  > write
>  > > code
>  > > strictly for resume/interview purposes?  (Well, the person looking
>  > > for a
>  > > job should, I suppose).  I have had people ask to see sites I 
>  built.
>  > > I
>  > > typically try to stress that in all cases I have worked in a 
>  team, I
>  > > can't
>  > > take credit for the graphic design/layout, and the Intranets I've
>  > > worked on
>  > > are much more interesting.
>  > > 
>  > > --
>  > > Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  > > AIM: Reboog711  | ICQ: 5246969 | Phone: 860-229-2781
>  > > --
>  > > I'm looking for a room-mate in the Hartford CT area, starting in
>  > > August
>  > > --
>  > > Instant ColdFusion 5.0  | ISBN: 0-07-213238-8
>  > > http://www.instantcoldfusion.com
>  > > --
>  > > DotComIt, LLC
>  > > database driven web data using ColdFusion, Lotus Notes/Domino
>  > > --
>  > > Far Cry Fly, Alternative Folk Rock
>  > > http://www.farcryfly.com | http://www.mp3.com/FarCryFly
>  > >
>  >
>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe visit 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_jobs or send a 
message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe' in the body.

Reply via email to