I'm seeking full time employment in the Boston metropolitan area working with 
ColdFusion and Flex web technologies. Although I was part of a large 
corporation, my work in a remote office was performed in small groups ranging 
from 8 to 30 persons that typically worked in a very interdependent manner.

Having nearly nine years experience, I've worked in engineering positions at 
Adobe (via Allaire and Macromedia acquisitions) on the ColdFusion and Flex 
Engineering teams, and have provided many years of Gold Support for very large 
enterprise customers using ColdFusion and Flex.   I have deep experience in 
creative problem solving for database driven web applications, going as far 
back as ColdFusion 4 and Flex 1.  I was Lead Quality Assurance Engineer for the 
development and testing of the ColdFusion 8 application server, and Software 
Quality Developer for Flex 3 and Flex 4 SDK.  

My breadth of experience reaches well into J2EE, SQL, CSS, XML, Network 
Protocols, Web Servers, and more.  That experience extends into application 
performance tuning and server stability resolution.  I am also very experienced 
with Unix, Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows systems and have become a Red Hat 
Certified Engineer based on my own initiative.

As a ColdFusion Quality Assurance Engineer, I regularly performed full product 
regression testing, but was especially tasked with J2EE server testing on Linux 
and Unix, including IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, and JBoss.  I was responsible 
for testing database support which included the branding of new driver bundles, 
the setup and administration of new RDBMS systems, and for adding new database 
support to ColdFusion Administrator.   The features I tested include CFDBINFO, 
LiveCycle DataServices Integration, CFReport HTML and CSS enhancements, and 
Automated Key Generation (for DB inserts/updates).

During my experience as Software Quality Developer for Flex SDK, I was 
responsible for: improving testing of SOAP WebService functionality; testing 
the SWFObject2 Flash Player Detection feature; testing the Web Tier Compiler 
enhancements including History Management and Deep Linking; testing 
cross-platform compatibility on Linux with Ant/Java/Flex-based testsuites 
modeled on junit; testing formatter and validator features. 

My experience with ColdFusion could be measured as 8 and a half years, but is 
better represented as approximately 20,000 hours because of my intense 
involvement with the product.  Even while on the Flex SDK team I was still 
actively assisting the ColdFusion team to resolve their customer escalations.  
In 2004, I was responsible for Tier 3 ColdFusion Support Escalations which 
included developing workarounds, logging defects, managing the relationship 
with QA, and hot fix creation. In 2007 I traveled to Bangalore, India twice to 
collaborate with and train software engineers for Adobe India. 

Furthermore, for the period of 2001 to 2006 I was responsible for 24x7 
server-down support of all Gold Support customers.  During this time I 
typically fielded a dozen after-hours calls per year for Enterprise level 
applications including banks, universities, hosting companies, and government 
agencies.  My duty was to identify the source of the server-down problem under 
all circumstances and to provide a workaround or solution that would enable the 
ColdFusion application to recover sufficiently. 

I am well known throughout the online community of ColdFusion developers due to 
my frequent involvement in mailing lists and forums as I helped customers 
resolve their development problems, and for my blog at 
http://www.talkingtree.com/blog/ where I wrote hundreds of blog entries that 
explained ColdFusion functionality that was not well documented elsewhere.  I 
have also resolved thousands of ColdFusion problems that were reported to me as 
a ColdFusion support engineer, where those problems reached into every nuance 
of the application server internals and its CFML language.  

One of my most memorable ColdFusion solutions was developed when a customer 
called to inform me that they had lost all the datasource passwords used in the 
ColdFusion 5 Administrator. ColdFusion 5's encyption of the passwords was 
notably weaker than later versions, and I worked until 2am that morning to 
develop a solution that was capable of cracking the passwords by brute force in 
less than one minute, allowing the customer to retrieve the passwords the next 
morning.
 
I have a great deal of experience building ColdFusion demos based on customer 
requests to illustrate specific functionality, and I've also been known as one 
of the most experienced community members regarding the installation and 
clustering of Multiserver ColdFusion Configurations.  

For internal company usage on the ColdFusion Product Team, I created a 
ColdFusion dashboard application to graphically visualize trends in years of 
data obtained from ColdFusion support tickets.  I also developed a Flex 
intranet application that facilitated the creation of new customer tickets 
logged by Flex Support Engineers.  

Over the years, I've contributed to community projects, including the following 
to BlogCFC: 1) RSS 2.0 function, 2) Technorati Ping function, 3) Tag Cloud Pod, 
4) Recent Comments Pod, 5) Now Playing on iTunes Pod.  In 2004 I created a blog 
importer to migrating from CFXML_Blog to BlogCFC.  In 2006 I developed 
NimbleHill.com, for a Pennsylvania winery, that incorporates BlogCFC and the 
Google Maps API.

Ideally, I would like to find a position in the Boston area that would allow me 
to build on my strengths of ColdFusion and Flex development.  

Please send inquiries to [email protected], and more info can be found at 
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenerat including several recommendations from 
Adobe employees and customers.

Thank you,
Steven Erat

Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
Red Hat Linux Certified Engineer
Certified Java/J2EE Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenerat
http://www.talkingtree.com/blog/ 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-jobs/message.cfm/messageid:7397
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-jobs/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.13

Reply via email to