We have an outside development group that setup Source Safe for us.  We use
the SourceOffSite software internally to connect outbound to them.

While we haven't had many problems, I'm not terribly impressed with it, and
after being on a listserv for their program, apparently, lots of others
aren't impressed either (but overall seem happy with it).  The biggest
problem is with slow speed connections, using very large projects of files.

Ryan