> If we can get together on an application I will get allaire to send a mass
> mail about the project to the KC area so we can pull in some more
> folks. If
> we can come up with something with mass appeal that would be good.

My vote for an application would be a killer groupware-type system for the
kcfusion.org site itself... we could then share it with other cfugs. You
know the type: calendar, polling, filesharing, Allaire news, jobs,
discussion forum, chatroom. We could call it CFUG-Portal or something.

The big impediment to this (from my perspective at least) is that most of us
already have jobs that keep us busy, and finding time to work on an app for
the fun of it is tough. Perhaps as incentive we could offer the open-source
code to whomever chipped-in and helped.

I'd vote to spec it to strict Fusebox methodology, so we could keep it
modular and manage the inevitable multi-developer spaghettification. And we
could design it fairly generic so it would be suitable for most any
company's intranet solution.

just a thought...

Ron
[EMAIL PROTECTED]