Jered,

Try the following.

Ryan

---------

In your login page:

<!--- Checks to see if an error code was passed back from the action
page --->
<cfif IsDefined("URL.ecode")>
        <cfoutput><font color="#Session.Errorcolor#">
        <cfif Url.ecode EQ 1>
        An error has occured due to insufficient or invalid data.  Please re-enter
your data in the form below and submit.
        <cfelseif Url.ecode EQ 2>
        This Member login is not valid for this application.  Please enter the
correct Member Name and Password that is linked to this application.  If you
continue to experience trouble please contact DiscoverME.
        <cfelseif Url.ecode EQ 3>
        The Member Name and Password combination you have entered is invalid.
Please re-enter your Member Name and Password.
        </cfif>
</cfif>

In your action page:

<cfif Not IsDefined("Form.UserName") and Not IsDefined("Form.Password")>
                <cfif IsDefined("Form.UserName")>
                    <cfset Username=Form.Username>
                </cfif>
            <cflocation url="Login.cfm?MN=#UserName#&ErrorCcode=1&type=1">
            <cfabort>
        </cfif>

query to check username/password

<cfif CheckMember.RecordCount NEQ 1>
            <cflocation url="Login.cfm?MN=#Form.UserName#&ecode=3">
        </cfif>

        <!--- one record exists so set the userid and other flags --->
        <cfoutput query="CheckMember">
                    <cfset TempUserId = UserId>
        </cfoutput>

        <cfif IsDefined("Session.UserId")>
                <cfif  TempUserId NEQ Session.UserId>
                    <cflocation url="Login.cfm?MN=#Form.UserName#&ecode=2">
                </cfif>
        </cfif>