From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Anderson, Marshall
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 11:03 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [KCFusion] Meeting tomorrow

Where is the meeting held at?
 -----Original Message-----
From:   Ryan Hartwich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, November 12, 2001 10:56 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jodi,
A few year back, Robin Greenhagen, Bryan LaPlante, and Ron Hornbaker
helped to form the user group.  When I started attending about a year
and a half ago we had a reasonably good turnout that varied from 8 to 30
depending on the speaker and the subject matter.  We have had one of the
original JRUN developers come speak, Ben Forta (CF Evangelist for
Allaire/Macromedia), and a few times a locally based employee of Allaire
in their consulting arm.
Lately we have had smaller meetings with more ad-hoc based
presentations.  Some of these presentations have been on security,
project development cost estimation, examples of coding, etc.
After/during most of the presentations, we spend time discussing
problems individuals are having and how to solve them (Q&A).
When I first attended I was a bit intimidated by the others since I
believed my skills were inferior to the rest.  I have been pleasantly
surprised to find that this is not the case.  Most people have
experience in only a few areas of CF development and not in others, so
while you may be weaker than some in say, form validation, someone else
may have security, report generation, fusebox, etc.
The meetings are a good, informal way of meeting others in the
community, learning more about CF, and how local businesses use it.
You should consider giving it a try.  Bring your questions, ideas, and
anything you want to contribute to the group.
Ryan