From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Ellis, Randy
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 10:49 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [KCFusion] CFMX Possible Bug HELP!

If PreserveSingleQuotes doesn't work, you may try replacing single quotes
within the variable with two singles quotes.

Example:
SELECT ID
FROM TABLE2
WHERE NAME LIKE '%#Replace(left(table1query.name,5),"'","''","ALL")#%'

This should fix the example you provided.

I'm not sure what would happen if two singles quotes ("''") appeared
together in your name string.  It may still work.

Randy Ellis
Senior Programmer Analsyt
City of Overland Park