From: Misty Woodward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 1:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [KCFusion] Numeric Check in PL/SQL

This doesnt work in a block of code. Here is what I am going for, FN_ISNUMERIC is a
function I am working in now having not found a standard Numeric check type
function.So if you know of something a little easier to work with I would greatly
appreciate it

BEGIN
        SELECT SF_INTRANSIT(TRIM(V_DEST), TRIM(V_ORIG), TRIM(V_SHIPPER),
TRIM(V_TRACKNUMBER), TRIM(V_TICKETNUM), TRIM(V_CONTACT))
        AS V_SYSTEM_RESULT
        FROM DUAL;

        IF FN_ISNUMERIC(LEFT(V_SYSTEM_RESULT, 2)) THEN
          -- IF NUMERIC THEN THERE IS AN ERROR CODE
          V_RETURN := V_SYSTEM_RESULT;
          GOTO RETURN_VALUE;
        ELSE
          -- GOOD TO GO AND GOT A SYSTEM BACK