Title: Message
I use a 3Com modem at home, similar I am sure to what you have.  You can probably restrict a range or individual.  Likewise, you probably can tell it to restrict ALL but a certain set of them.  443 is the SSL port, 80 is http, 21 ftp, 22/23 are ssh i think.  1433 is SQL server.

Try seeing if there is a way to restrict everything and then slowly open just the ports you need.  Don't forget any ports for email (not sure which ports),  AIM, ICQ, etc.  Though you probably can lock these down until someone complains.