Title: RE: [KCFusion] Version Control Evaluation
From what I understood from the CVS documentation, each developer would check out a version of their site before development began.  I assume this would mean that each developer would have to have a web server, CF server, and access to each of his datasources on his client.  Additionally, like Glenn stated, a developer could have a document checked out for long periods of time before checking it back in, causing problems with parallel development.  I am correct in these assumptions?

-Kory

 -----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Crocker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 1:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [KCFusion] Version Control Evaluation

It doesn't seamlessly integrate with CF Studio (or with DW MX, to my knowledge).  It just manages the files externally using a separate check-in/check-out application.

CVS doesn't use a file locking model.  Instead, it does a very very good job of merging changes made in parallel.  If folks check their changes in regularly, CVS does very well.  (If people go for months without committing their changes, their checkin process will take a while and they may have to manually handle merge conflicts.)

Visual SourceSafe may be a better option for what you want.

-glenn