Hi All,
I am working with CF standard on discrete sampling geometries. In all the examples in the CF document, there is no mention of grid_mapping attribute. As I understand, the information stored within grid_mapping variable has nothing to do with whether the data is gridded or non-gridded. So I am assuming that there is no mention of it purely because it is not the focus here. But someone please confirm that grid_mapping attribute is still applicable in the same way as for gridded data, i.e., using grid_mapping as an attribute of data variables. Thanks!

Upendra