-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [CF-metadata] Proposed addition to CF principles: outside conventions
Date:   Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:39:13 -0700
From:   Seth McGinnis <mcgin...@ucar.edu>
To:     John Caron <ca...@unidata.ucar.edu>

Hi John,

I'm generally in favor of this proposal.  The value of standards lies in their
widespread adoption, so if a popular solution already exists, we should adopt
it and bolster both standards rather than creating yet another competing
option.

It also make sense to delegate the design of a convention to those communities
that needed it more urgently and therefore have focused more on it than the CF
community has.

Cheers,

--Seth McGinnis

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:56:02 -0700