Ive updated the docs at

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/reference/StandardCoordinateTransforms.html

Thanks for the report.

On 7/17/2012 11:52 PM, Heiko Klein wrote:
Rich,

it must have been the netcdf-java package where I have seen these standard-names. The description on the netcdf-java pages are outdated, still using formula_terms a and b. I just checked the code, and that is up to date working with the formula_term -array C(k).

It'll be good to have an official version. Thanks for picking this up again.

Heiko

On 2012-07-17 17:13, Rich Signell wrote:
Heiko,

We worked with John Caron several years ago to get these into the CDM
in the NetCDF-Java library, so if you have g1 or g2 coordinates they
will work with codes that use NetCDF-java (like the Matlab NCTOOLBOX
and Unidata's IDV),  and I remember we drafted up some documentation
to  submit to CF, but looks like we dropped the ball.    I'll pick it
up again.

-Rich