Dear Roy

Thanks for these updated proposals. With the rephrasing, it now seems to me
there is a less strong argument for including "mean" and "maximum" in the
standard names. Why not have sea_surface_wave_period and use cell_methods with
time-bounds to describe the period of observation over which the mean etc.
is calculated?

Best wishes

Jonathan

----- Forwarded message from "Lowry, Roy K." <r...@bodc.ac.uk> -----