Dear Daniel,

These look like generally good ideas.

Some of us have been discussing some related issues around moderation in a
github issue on moderation of proposals
(#151)<https://github.com/cf-convention/cf-conventions/issues/151>. 7 months
after Chris Barker launched that discussion we have reached a level of
agreement which we feel justifies moving to a pull request and update of the
document ... but I notice that your interpretation of the process places a pull
request at the start of the process.

There is some ambiguity in current governance, in that there doesn't appear to
be anything in the rules to say how the rules will be updated. Perhaps that
should be clarified as well. I can see that comments are accumulating in the
margin of your google doc ... and I've contributed a couple myself, but I'm not
sure that is going to be a good place for this community to discuss the
complexities that some of your discussion items raise (the issue mentioned
above has 43 contributions so far, and  covers a much narrower topic than your
document).

For the time being, I don't think there is any conflict between what you are
proposing and the conclusions of #151, though the subject matter is close in
places -- so it may be OK to go ahead with the changes which have been agreed
there ... but please take a look.

There may be a case for setting up an Ad-Hoc project team to resolve a number
of related topics here.

regards,

Martin