This is a bit off topic.

I am looking for an objective review of the different SQL servers out there.
We are currently getting involved in a project where a department (name
withheld to protect the guilty) is having built an online application using
MySQL, Perl and Apache server. We are being asked to advise them as the work
is actually for one of our clients.

In our group we are exclusively (pretty much anyway) Cold Fusion and MS
Access or SQL Server.

I am concerned about MySQL because of discussions I have seen here and in
other groups. Is anyone using it in a production environment? What are it's
limitations? Why would I use or not use it? Anything else anyone wants to
add.

Gary McNeel, Jr.
Project Manager - DAC-Net, Research & Graduate Studies
Rice University - Houston
[Lovett Hall] 713-348-6266 (Primary)
[DAC] 713-348-5184
[M] 713-962-0885